The Temperature Manipulating Gloves for the Treatment of Insomnia study aims to explore the effectiveness of warm gel gloves in treating insomnia.
Participants will record their sleep over a period of two weeks to determine if they have trouble falling asleep (defined as taking at least 30 minutes to fall asleep for 3 days per week). If they meet this criteria, they will wear either a heated hydrogel glove or a non-heated hydrogel glove over the course of two weeks during sleep, and will be monitored using an actigraph. After two weeks, their initial sleep data will be compared to the data taken after the treatment period.
Inclusion / Exclusion Criteria
- Must be between 18 and 65 years old
- Have difficulty falling asleep for at least two weeks, three days per week. Time needed to fall asleep must be at least half an hour.
- Has no history of dermatological disorders or chronic pain.
- Does not use narcotics, psychotropics or hypnotic medications and will refrain from using any during the study period.
- Consumes 2 servings or fewer of coffee per day
- Limits consumption of alcohol to 7 drinks per week (1 drink per night). If participant drinks more than 7 times per week, they must adjust their consumption accordingly 2 weeks prior to the start of the study. Additionally, participant must not drink alcohol after 8 PM.
- Must not nap more than 1 hour per week.
- Must have a body mass index less than 30
- Must not be a shift worker
Weill Cornell Medical College Center for Sleep
New York, New York, United States
Sponsors / Collaborators
Weill Medical College of Cornell University
Parker Hannifin Corporation
Clinical TrialsView All Clinical Trials
Brief Telehealth CBT-I Intervention in the Context of the COVID-19 Pandemic
The Brief Telehealth CBT-I Intervention in the Context of the COVID-19…
Therapist-Directed VS Online Therapy for Insomnia Co-Occurring With Sleep Apnea
The Therapist-Directed VS Online Therapy for Insomnia Co-Occurring With…
Sleep To Reduce Incident Depression Effectively
The Sleep To Reduce Incident Depression Effectively
Partial Reinforcement II: Three Approaches to Maintenance Therapy for Chronic Insomnia
The Partial Reinforcement II: Three Approaches to Maintenance Therapy for…
Reducing Cannabis Use for Sleep Among Adults Using Medical Cannabis
The Reducing Cannabis Use for Sleep Among Adults Using Medical Cannabis…
The EMS Sleep Health Study: A Randomized Controlled Trial
The EMS Sleep Health Study: A Randomized Controlled Trial aims to…
Internet Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia to Prevent Cardiovascular Disease
The Internet Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia to Prevent…